Four things about
four eleven (or however many; I lost track after “many”) things:
Four Jobs Youâ€™ve Had In Your Life
Two different categories shown here, of many: the weird and the “to be avoided at all costs”.
1. First wage-slave job: pocket presser (on an assembly line for jeans). $1.15/hour. (Weird)
2. Taught chess at a “Y”. Not bad $$ for a college kid in t 19*cough-cough*s. Paid per kid, so was better per hour rate than I’d have gotten elsewhere at the time. (Weird)
3. Sold insurance. hated every damned day of going to work. Hated. It. (TBAAAC)
4. Taught *shudder* public school. Band. (TBAAAC)
Four Movies You Could Watch Over And Over
(Not a big fan of movies. Where’s the book?)
Four Places Youâ€™ve Lived
(these are not in chronological order)
1. El Paso, Tx
2. Phoenix AZ
4. Ardmore, OK
Four TV Shows You
Love Can Stand To Watch
1. Smallvilleâ€”can’t wait to see how the writers are going to screw up the “Superman mythos” each week. And John Glover is perfect as Mephistopheles Lionel Luthor.
2. Houseâ€”that acerbic bastard just makes me smile.
3. Sherlock Holmesâ€”the Jeremy Brent version. I don’t care if Brent is dead and the show is only shown every now and then in reruns. The BEST Sherlock Holmes depiction, ever, outside the books themselves. OK, this one I do “love.”
4. Dr. Who, the Tom Baker era. Corny, camp, just plain fun old sci-fi. Of course the Doctor is coming to the Sci Fi Channel in March, but it’s the “newest” Dr. Who, I think, so it may have less cheesy production values (part of the Tom Baker-and-earlier era charm), but I may watch it anyway.
Four Places Youâ€™ve Been On Vacation
1. Disneyland/SoCal, yadayada.
2. Camping “tour” of kivas/cliff dwellings in CO/NM
4. Sulphur, OK “camping” (if you can call it that).
Four Blogs You Visit Daily
(or try to–heh)
1. Diane’s Stuff/The English Guy
2. Cathouse Chat
3. Chaos Manor
4. Big Lizards/All Things Beautiful
(Yeh, I cheated a bit. There are MANY more I try to visit every day… the ones above are very rarely NOT visited daily.)
Four Of Your Favourite Foods
1. Coffee. It is TOO food!
2. Enchiladas, MY way.
3. Ice Cream
4. “Wasabi” peas
Four Places Youâ€™d Rather Be
1. Wherever my Wonder Woman is.
2. In the deer woods (lined up on a buck… )
3. Nowhere else
4. Nowhere else
Four Albums You Canâ€™t Live Without
1. Nothing really to give ya here. Too much music listened to/played/sung. S’all in my head, anyway.
2. Ahhh, throw in several Beethoven, Mozart, Sibelius, Handel, albums, etc.
3. Various cuts from several PPM albums, maybe.
4. What? I have to choose between Wynton Marsallis, Benny Goodman, Louis Armstrong and Duke Ellington? Not gonna choose.
Four Vehicles Youâ€™ve Owned
1. 1953 Chevy Bel-Air Sedanâ€”classic two-toned job. Made the mistake of letting someone else drive it while I was touring one summer…
2. 1965 Rambler Americanâ€”a cream puff. Died in a head-on. (Doof didn’t know which side of the double lines to drive on.)
3. 1972 Jaguar XJ-12â€”a luxurious money pit. Only dependable parts were the GM parts. Lucas Electrics? Feh! Stromberg-Carlson carbs (4 of the damned things)?
Double Quadruple feh!
4. 1976 Toyota Corollaâ€”my “baby Japanese Mercedes.” 260,000 miles, and I sold it cos I was just tired of it. Kicked myself a few times for that.
All gone, now, of course…
Four People To Be Tagged