EDC/GOOD bags: general.
- EDC bags for each car containing food, clothing, etc., for a day or so, plus FAK, knives and multi-tools, DOPP bags, etc.1, with car-specific items in a separate trunk “box.”
- Another 60L bag big enough for two of these EDC bags plus vacuum-packed clothing and food for two additional days.
- Water bottles, enough for a day, and SODIS water purification systems.
One small-caliber hand gun with 50 rounds (for light weight and compact packing/and holster for concealed carry).
- Tablets, phones, chargers (car and small solar) and external batteries have pockets available in 60L bag.
- Small”rocket stove” with multi-fire-starting and fuel options.2
- Space blankets and ponchos
- USB flash drives/bracelets with scans (in pdf format) of important data and documents, plus medalert bracelets with downloadable records.
(Emergency supplies in local [at home] storage are MUCH more copious, of course, but still probably not good for more than four months in food, outside a growing season. That needs some supplementation.)
So, should I include a “scout rifle” as well in or attached to the 60L GOOD bag?
Oh, neglected this: 72-hour supply of pet food, water, appropriate bowls, etc. Carriers for cats. (45L bag for pet supplies with room for another small pack containing data/devices.)
Methinks I probably ought to make provision to grab the NAS that has backups of important data, as well.
OK, that pretty well takes care of one to three days emergency prep.
Hangup bag packed with “dress” clothes–call it the “Funeral bag,” because not all short-notice trips are life-challenging emergencies.
1Collapsed roll of toilet paper included with regular DOPP bag goodies (toothcare, soap and shampoo, general toiletries, etc.)
2Lint and wax tinder, matches, fire steel, lighters.