Crockpot “Roast Beast”
Had two different smaller cuts of roast beef that added to about 4.75 pounds and a nice new, barely used, Crockpot™. Yeh, the brand even. Automagical nearly everything. Kinda cool, so. . .
Rolled the two cuts of beef around in some salt and black pepper, then rolled ‘em around in a wee bit of flour. Browned ‘em in a hot pan, then. . . Oh, heck, I’ll just do it semi-right:
- 4.75 lbs roasting beef (whatever cut you want)
- 2 tbs oil for frying
- 2 yellow onions
- 5 cloves garlic, crushed (not pressed or cut)
- 5 dried serano or cayenne peppers (optional)
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 15oz can stewed tomatoes
- 1 15oz can beef broth (I used an onion beef broth)
- 2 tbs Kitchen Bouquet Browning and Seasoning Sauce™
- ¼ cup Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ cup red wine (your choice)
- Coarsely chopped carrots (optional, amount as desired)
- Quarter the onions and crush the garlic. Coat the cut(s) of beef in salt and pepper, then roll them in flour.
- In a large frying pan, brown the beef in hot oil, adding the garlic and onions after turning the pieces of meat once.
- Place the beef, fat side up, in the crock pot. Add the onions, garlic, bay leaves, peppers, etc.
- Add the liquid ingredients.
- Cook on high for 30 minutes, then switch to low heat for another 6.5-7.5 hours.
Posted: February 6th, 2014 under Recipes.
Trackback URL for this post: http://www.thirdworldcounty.us/wp-trackback.php?p=12659